Here is a message we received in our inbox.We will appreciate your contributions on this issue. Remember that , a problem shared is a problem half solved. If you have an issue bothering you, feel free to send a mail to
Dear Duchess
My name is Ruth. I am a 29-year-old woman who has been married for seven years but my marriage is being threatened at the moment due to a one-night stand I had with a man I met at a friend’s party.
I know many people will condemn me and call me all sorts of names. I understand that. Some of my friends have called me worse names but I always tell them to put themselves in the shoes I was in at the time and they would surely have done worse.
I am not justifying what I did but I am a human being and the situation I found myself in then could break even the strongest of women. It all started when my husband, KCee, started misbehaving after he got a new job with an oil company.
When we got married, KCee worked with a telecommunications company and though his salary was not on the roof, he was earning a good some and we lived a comfortable life but all that changed when he got the oil job with lots of fantastic perks like travelling abroad every six months, new cars every year, fat allowances and all that.
Instead of my husband seeing how far we had come together, he became something else. Women were now flocking around him and he kept a strings of mistresses, both in Nigerian and outside.
I got to learn about his infidelity when I was working on his laptop and discovered erotic messages he was exchanging with different women. There were nude photos he took with some of the women, including white women.
When I confronted him with my discoveries, I expected my husband to apologise and promise me he would behave himself but instead, KCee told me I had no right to invade his privacy and that he had every right to do anything he wanted and if I was not comfortable with them, I knew where the court was.
I was so hurt and this was the beginning of our troubles that saw KCee turning violent, beating me up at the slightest anger, throwing my things out of the house several times. He often boasted that he could kill me and use money to buy off the police. I was devastated and life lost meaning for me. Oh, I suffered in the hands of my once loving husband.
I was in this state when my friend, Chiamaka, invited me for her birthday party. I decided to go because I need a distraction from what I was going through, and while there, there was this young man, Noel, who noticed my moody mood and tried all he could to make me brighten up. he was so friendly that in no time, he was able to get me talking and without knowing what I was doing, I opened up to him and told him all I was going through.
He consoled me and went out of his way to make me smile, something I had not done in over eight months. After that day, Noel became my confidante, and he was always there for me. I was free to open up to him and he always consoled me. I became so dependent on him that I even told him my husband had not had sex with me in all the months we have been having issues.
One day, it happened. I had not planned for it, neither did Noel but it just happened. After KCee had beaten me up, I went to Noel’s place to unburden my heart to him and without knowing it, we made love. I ended up sleeping in his house that day and the next morning, he was so apologetic and said we should not see each other again so that we won’t be tempted again.
I would not know how KCee got to know about that night but two weeks later, he confronted me with the revelation, telling me the date, the place and even described Noel exactly. I guess he must have had someone to trail me. I had no option but to open up and confess to him.
In anger, KCee gave me the beating of my life and went ahead to rape me viciously. After that, he threw me out of his house and threatned that if I ever got close to his gate, he would kill me.
It is four months now and I have been begging him, sending people to talk to him but he is yet to bulge.
I need help.